dedicated server space engineers save
Multiplayer - space engineers wiki
Updated to game version 0.027 as released 24 April 2014
Testing Multiplayer 01/2014
- Multiplayer is currently included in Space Engineers. Players may host private, friends only or public servers.
- The browser function allows players to browse available servers. This list supports Steam match making.
- Players are currently able to influence anything in the game. Player 1 may create a ship, while there is nothing stopping player 2 from destroying it through any means. Therefore consider any server, public servers in particular open to griefing.
- Players are given as much freedom as possible when it comes to hosting their own worlds. When setting up the server, the owner may set who can join the server (Private/Friends/Public), limit the number of players, asteroids etc. He can also change the safety settings to turn meteors off.
- Due to worlds currently being 'hosted' by the owner of the save they are only available when the host is in (running) that saved world. I.E. if the host shuts down or changes worlds all other players are kicked out. This problem will be bypassed with the advent of dedicated servers.
- Worlds are persistent and can be loaded from save files at the server administrator’s discretion.
- LAN support is also being planned for future updates. This will allow players to bypass the Steam based match making system.
As of Update 01.032 Dedicated servers are available for Space Engineers.
Please see Servers for a list of player-run dedicated servers.
Both Creative and Survival modes are fully supported.
Forum users (and players) have already been creating factions, those factions are purely done on forums and aren't implemented in the game. You can see a list of them at the player-created factions page.
- ↑ http://forums.keenswh.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1279764069&postcount=5
- ↑ http://forums.keenswh.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1279764073&postcount=6